Monday, June 18, 2007

Artist of the Week: Andrew Bird


6/18/07 - This week's artist of the week, one of my favorites of all time, is the one and only Andrew Bird. Andrew Bird is known for his exceptional violin playing, actually a bachelors degree, I did my research. My personal favorite aspect of Andrew's music, however, lies in his signature whistling. Also, Andrew also plays the guitar quite a bit on his new album "Armchair Apocrypha", which will definitely find a nice spot on my year end list. Another interesting thing about Andrew Bird are his live shows, he will record snippets of violin samples and play them in a loop during his show to emulate the sound of a band rather than just a solo artist. Whether its a catchy song or just a tune to chill to, I'd say your best bet is Andrew Bird. I've included a few of my favorites that you should check out, if you like them, check out the albums, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Tony's Picks
1)Andrew Bird - Heretics
2)Andrew Bird - Simple X
3)Andrew Bird - Tables and Chairs
4)Andrew Bird - The Naming of Things
5)Andrew Bird - Lull

No comments: