Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crossing My Fingers For Tuesday

Well it looks like a photo of the new nano has leaked (possibly). This redesign seems pointless to me. I actually like the more square approach. To me, having obviously not handled the new device, it seems the screen will feel smaller since it is so narrow, much like the generation before. That is, unless they include the "turn it sideways" function that a lot of media players are getting nowadays.

Then we get to the subject of memory. Massive amounts of flash memory seems to be the future of the ipod. Just thinking of an 80 gig ipod classic makes my wallet open a bit. But more realistically, I would love to see a 16 gig nano. I'm not asking for 32, as I realize they need something to release down the line. I don't think 16 is so much to ask for. Then again, we are talking about the nano, so I bet they keep it 4/8 gigs. There is always the Touch I suppose. The touch has just always been slightly out of my price range. But, with the rumors of price cuts to the ipod line to defend them from the monster that is the iphone, that could change.

Also, an itunes update has been confirmed, and that's all well and good. But, I have a feeling apple has something up their sleeve. Maybe this is me just being desperate, but what if they reveal the rumored itunes subscription plan. Not only would that be awesome, but I think it would be an excellent move to boost album sales.

Welp, regardless, we'll see on Tuesday. Oh hey, Spore comes out tomorrow!

tony

No comments: