Sunday, September 14, 2008

Small Update

After a depressingly bad football evening with the Buckeyes (which surprisingly enough turned into a good drinking evening for me ha. ha. ha.), I think The Walkmen concert at The Basement in Columbus tomorrow is just the pick-me-up I need. I'll take some pics and throw them up perhaps.

On a side note, here's a band I've been listening the shit out of: The Gaslight Anthem. While the name at first evoked for me a vision of post-punk mediocrity, these New Jersey natives know how to spin a rocking good yarn in the style of one of N.J.'s greats, Bruce Springsteen (who they say happens to be one of their biggest influences). Here's a track from their first album, Sink or Swim, which is the edgier of the two they've released, called "1930":

No comments: