Saturday, August 30, 2008

Look At What's Happening On Sept 9th

Hey there are some killer albums coming out in September...

Fujiya and Miyagi - Lightbulbs
I don't know about you but I can't get enough of their funk inspired electronic sounds. Their last LP Transparent Things was excellent. It was an excellent album to put on and just chill. I've heard what I think will be their single called "knickerbocker", and although I can't decipher what the lyrics could mean, it's a great groove.

Okkervil River - The Stand Ins
I haven't heard anything from this album yet, but I've read some people opinions about the leaks and it seems to be received pretty well. The name makes me think that it will continue in the same style of The Stage Names due to the play inspired title, heh. Either way, really excited for this one.

Metallica - Death Magnetic
Yep, from what I heard, I would say Metallica is back. I've heard three of the leaks and it is so comforting that they are playing metal again. If you head over to Hype Machine you can stream the songs. Although I haven't listened to Metallica in a while, I'm pumped to hear this in all it's glory. I'm also excited to hear what all the haters have to say.

Some other interesting ones coming out later in September include:

The Cold War Kids - Loyalty to Loyalty
Tom Morello - The Fabled City
and who could forget
George Clinton - George Clinton and some Gangsters of Love...

Looks like September is gonna be a good month for my Best of 08 list.

No comments: