Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random: News, Events, Thoughts...

Holla, classes are now in full swing and it seems as though there is no free time anymore. However, I have found a minute as I've been trying to update this more often. I've just started my PHP class and hopefully sometime this quarter I'll get around to a page revamp with all the jazz that I intended in the first place, but that's a way aways.

On a much different note, some new events have been listed (I think I'll be adding a events calendar sometime in the near future). Anyway, here are the Events for now...

Jan 19, 2008 - The Mars Volta at the Newport
Jan 22, 2008 - The Walkmen w/ White Rabbits at the Basement
Feb 6, 2008 - Will Ferrel, Zach Galifinakas, Nick Swardson, Dimitri Martin at the Shott
Feb 14, 2008 - Vampire Weekend at the Wex
Feb 15, 2008 - The Bravery at the Newport
March 1, 2008 - The Hives at the Newport
March 2, 2008 - Lupe Fiasco OSU event at the Newport
April 9, 2008 - Caribou at the Wex
April 29, 2008 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

The only one I know for a fact I will be going to at the moment is the Mars Volta show, as I bought tickets the second they went on sale and almost wet my pants. Other than that, if I can get a free ticket to the Will Ferrel Stand Up thing then that's a for sure as well. I'd like to go to all these shows but a lot are either back to back and with so many shows, going broke becomes an issue, but I'll do my best. I'll also make sure to make a write-up/review after a show I attend.

And finally, thoughts, ha, wasn't actually gonna follow that title but it worked out. The speakers I mentioned a little ways back totally rock the dorm, ha, just hope people don't complain :P. And, I've been seriously considering buying a new mp3 player. I currently have the 3rd Gen Ipod Nano because I got it "fo free son" by signing up for a student checking account. It's only 4 gig and can hardly handle my music collection. I'm leaning towards the new 80gig Zune. I think it will be able to handle my tunes for quite some time and you gotta love the new re-design and giant screen. Anyway, you can check it out here. If anyone happens to have any thoughts about it or w/e don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Oh and yeah, yeah, the bucks got dismantled, but next year it looks as though we will have another shot.

Take it easy,
t0ny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zune = devil!