Monday, July 14, 2008

Where da Shows Be?


I really lucked out on my last out-of-state trip. It just so happened that one of the most exciting bands I've seen live, British Sea Power, was in town. Today I was looking through the last.fm events to check if I might have lucked out yet again. Unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of Matisyahu, although I do appreciate what he has done for the "hasidic reggae" genre. Regardless, after reading a bit about his life, I think he would be a really cool guy to meet. Also, a few spots down on the list I saw the R&B dancing sensation, Mario, has lined up a gig. I'd t o t a l l y be game, but I don't think any performance can top when he opened up for T-Pain at the free OUAB event last year at Ohio State. Heh, talented guy, no doubt, just not my cup of tea.

I find it hard to believe that the only events scheduled during the week are at the local House of Blues. I don't know if we have any readers from the great state of South Carolina, but if so, think you could point me in the right direction?

Haha, s'all good though, I'm more than content knowing that the New American Music Union Festival and hopefully Lollapolooza are looming around the corner. The Beach doesn't hurt either ;)

Take 'er easy everybody,
Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://matisyahu.co.uk