Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sountrack: Dan In Real Life

Happy Tuesday ya'll. Today is kind of an unusual post, unusual because I'm not usually one for soundtracks. However, a few days back I rented the movie Dan In Real Life with Steve Carrel. I just saw his face and rented it, I'm a pretty big fan, not sure how you can't be. But anyway, it ended up being a 'cute' romantic comedy, which I am in no way above. I gots feelings too, heh. The supporting cast was pretty impressive too, with Dane Cook, the dad in Frasier, and the lady that replaces Toby in the Office.

But anyway, the real stand out was the soundtrack. The majority of it is done by a Norweigen artist by the name of Sondre Lerche, and let me tell you it could be the 'feel-good-pick-me-up' you've been looking for. There are also some appearances by Regina Spektor, A Fine Frenzy and his band that goes by the name of 'Faces Down'. I'm definitley going to check out his other work, in which he goes by either Sondre Lerche and the Faces Down or Sondre Lerche and the Faces Down Quartet. It's just some real uplifting feel good pop with a bit of a swing vibe.

So definitley check out the movie, unless you are too manly. Oh yeah, and the soundtrack :) I should start giving more soundtracks a shot. Lesson learned...

Sondre Lerche lastfm : here


See you on the other side,
t0ny

No comments: